Saturday, August 16, 2014

ZERO Warehouse Clubs!

Yesterday I got the biggest anniversary surprise of my life!  Normally we really don't do anything special for our anniversaries.  It isn't that we don't think an anniversary is a special date, but we are so busy with our doodle doggies and doodle puppies that we just acknowledge our anniversary and spend the day just like we would spend any day - happily enjoying each other's company and appreciating how much we love each other. Yesterday our anniversary day plan was to go to both warehouse clubs for our monthly shopping trip and also run a few more doodle doggie errands.  The big special part was that Mr. Yesteryear Acres added a lunch date. We rarely go out so it was a nice change to go out for a lunch date.  Since we were going out to lunch, both Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I got dressed in nicer clothes than we usually would for a typical warehouse run.  I didn't think anything of it - because we were going to lunch. Well guess who went to ZERO warehouse clubs??!!!  ME!!!!  Guess who was surprised yesterday?! ME!!! Mr. Yesteryear Acres drove to the warehouse clubs and then said he needed to go to Lowes Home Improvement store first. I did have a moment where I thought, "oooooh Home Improvement Store - ROMANTIC!" He was in the parking lot looking at some kind of hydraulic something or other and then parked way far away from the doors.  We got out and then started walking the other way!  What? That is when he took me to a jewelry store and Mr. Yesteryear Acres had picked out an anniversary gift that was waiting for me!!!!!! Oh my gosh! I was so surprised and so excited.  It was beautiful and special and unexpected and wonderful.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres had been putting away a little money here and there for a long time.  He had wanted to do something special for our 25th wedding anniversary but the finances wouldn't allow for it so he just kept on saving.  This year marks 3 decades of being best friends and 27 years of marriage AND a big anniversary surprise.  I will never ever ever forget my 27th anniversary.  Ever.  After we picked up my most wonderful bestest anniversary present - we went out for a romantic dinner!  I have to say, that was the best zero warehouse club shopping day I ever had!!!!! 27 years - and so much happiness. Thank you Mr. Yesteryear Acres!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!