Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Strawberries of Wrath


My younger daughter was given a final exam project by her high school English teacher to create a movie based on a chapter from the book Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. We filmed some of the movie at the Strawberry patch yesterday and then spent most of the morning filming the rest of the movie. This afternoon, my daughter spent hours editing the film adding music and narration to the project and arranging all the clips in the order she envisioned. Her movie is entitled "The Strawberries of Wrath" and it is awesome. She has just the right music and special effects and the script is great. At first my husband and I were less than enthusiastic about dressing up in period pieces and acting in her film but truth be told, we had a lot of fun. It ended up being a terrific family project and everyone enjoyed helping. In between the filming of the movie, I had my own Strawberries of Wrath project happening in the kitchen. I awoke to 2 full pecks of strawberries still needing to be processed. So today I made 2 batches of homemade Strawberry Ice Cream. Tonight Mr. Yesteryear Acres will crank out the ice cream and we will all fight to lick the dasher. I also made homemade strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing, homemade strawberry shortcake, 12 cups of sliced strawberries for everyone to enjoy, and last but certainly not least, chocolate covered strawberries. And dearest mom - if you are reading this blog, and I know you are - YES I did make one more batch of strawberry jam just for you. I was on my feet the entire day and still have tons to do. I am happy to report that both the single fluffy puppy looking for a new home found his family yesterday and our last puppy who is SO sweet also found her home! Yea! All our older puppies have new families to love! Tomorrow I will be taking new pictures of all our little baby puppies and posting them to our site. We are blessed with some adorable babies! Tonight we are going to enjoy all the strawberry goodness along with some grilled chicken. For the finale - a private showing of THE STRAWBERRIES OF WRATH. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!