Sunday, November 7, 2010

November Thankfulness Day 7

Today I want to express my thanks for the universally appreciated, most desired, most needed, most delicious....coffee bean. Ahhhh nothing starts the morning off better than a fresh brewed steaming cup of coffee. It is well known that I am not a morning person.  I do not bounce out of bed with an eager enthusiasm to greet the day.  I am more of a stumbler. I am one to slowly shuffle my feet as I walk to the bathroom and begin the day with just one eye open until I am greeted by my dear friend, "Cup O Joe". How I love that first sip. It is so warm and yummy and fills me with instant happiness. I am extra lucky because Mr. Yesteryear Acres makes me my cup of coffee each and every morning. Not only do I get the warm yumminess of coffee in my mug but I get a little bit of love in my cup every day as well.  I like my coffee with raw brown sugar and real heavy cream.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres always makes my coffee just right. He wakes up early and grinds the beans that morning and has our coffees waiting for us to enjoy together. This afternoon Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I found ourselves dragging so we went to a cafe and enjoyed a cup of coffee together.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres being a purist ordered the deepest darkest robust bean - black, no sugar, no cream, no flavors. Anything else would be an insult to the coffee bean. Naturally I ordered a caramel  mochaccino....extra caramel and yes, please do add extra caramel and whipped cream! I have to say EVEN though Mr. Yesteryear didn't make our afternoon coffee delight, it was delicious. We really enjoyed our coffees and after we were done, we were once again renewed with energy and ready to go.  I know I am not alone in sharing my gratitude for the wonderful coffee bean. Many of us depend on that cup of coffee to start the day off right. We think of our morning cup of coffee as a necessary and mandatory ritual that cannot be missed.  I know there are a few people out there that cannot or do not drink coffee but believe me when I tell you that the coffee bean is something we should all be very thankful for. I very much doubt that you would want to share the morning with a mass number of people who didn't get their coffee. I do not think we would be very good company. So thank you my beloved coffee bean. You are deeply appreciated by us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!