Friday, November 19, 2010

November Thankfulness Day 19.....Hey Baby, I'm your Handyman

I am incredibly lucky because I have my very own devoted, talented, 24-hour on-call, handyman. Mr. Yesteryear Acres can fix anything.  Honestly - he can pretty much repair anything that is broken. He is a whiz with electronics. He is a master of appliance repair. He is a knowledgeable mechanic. He is the ultimate craftsman when it comes to home repair. He is the extreme perfectionist to new project creations. Sometimes I forget to be thankful for all that he fixes around the house because it is just part of his nature.  It is what he does. Tonight our dishwasher stopped cleaning our dishes. Mr. Yesteryear Acres immediately stopped what he was doing and came to my rescue.  Within 30 minutes he had it running perfectly again. Whenever I hear about someone needing to call a repairman, or having to take something in to get it fixed, I am instantly reminded of just how lucky I am. All that I have to do is call for Mr. Yesteryear Acres and within minutes, he is on the job. It can be something as simple as a broken light switch to something as complex as a leaking hot water tank. He willingly stays on call day and night, and makes our life here so much easier. He has made life easier for the puppies by building dog houses, puppy whelping boxes, puppy playrooms and our very famous "puppy mobile" box for when we travel with the puppies on the road:

He has made life easier for us by making our life around Yesteryear Acres even more enjoyable. This summer he built our beautiful dock so that we can comfortably admire the beauty of our pond:

Our house was built in 1823 and requires a lot of TLC.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres has painstakingly restored entire rooms back to their original beauty.  Here is our living room before:
All the old wallpaper and paint had to be stripped down. There was literally over a century worth of old paint on the woodwork.  It was a huge project.

After all his hours and weeks of worth. The final project was amazing.  Every time I walk into our living room, I smile from ear to ear.  I just LOVE that room and it is by far my favorite room in our entire house.  The minute you walk into our living room, it feels wonderful.  I secretly think our house knows how much we love it and it appreciates all the hard work we put into restoring it back to its original condition. Our home is a happy place to live.
Mr. Yesteryear Acres is now working on restoring our bedroom and while the project has taken WAY longer than either of us would like, I know in the end it will all be worth it.  I will have many many many years to enjoy all the love and hard work he put into making it so beautiful. I am hoping that by Christmas our room will be done, but if not, I know it is because he is constantly interrupted by all the other fix-it projects around the house.  After all, he is my handyman.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading all your gratitude and blessings. It is like Thanksgiving every day. You remind us all to be thankful for our blessings. Sandi C

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!