Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cough Cough

For the past 2 days I have been in total denial as to my current health status.  I am thinking I may have to admit out loud that I might just be SICK. ACK!  I don't want to be sick. I don't have time to be sick. I hate being sick! I haven't slept well for the past few days and I have been coughing my head off.  I also am wearing several jackets and sweaters - in the house - but I have been telling myself it is because it is 39* outside and RAINING.  I am convinced I do not feel well because of all the RAIN. It has been raining every day of May. It rained 28 out of 30 days in April. It rained almost all of March.  I think my body is coughing and coughing because it wants me to go somewhere warm and sunny. It is rebelling against the constant grayness. It is probably the rain's fault.  I am sure it is not my daughter's friend's fault. The one who came over Saturday and sat with me while she was coughing and sneezing and snotting.  I would hate to blame her because she is a kind and thoughtful person and even though she was clearly sick - I will blame the rain. I am not sure how much longer I can keep up the pretext that I am well.  I mean I have been doing a good job of pretending. Today I went to City Hall to get my son's paperwork for the Naval Academy notarized, ran to the post office, went to the bank, picked up my son from track, made a loaf of potato bread, fixed a lovely dinner, trimmed puppy nails and combed puppy coats, worked on my daughter's invitations for her graduation party and answered emails.  See?  How can *cough* I *cough* be *cough* sick? I am almost to the point that I might just have to maybe admit that I should call the doctor.  Except tomorrow I am really busy and have a full schedule and some puppies are going home and I have to get their care packages ready so maybe on FRIDAY I will think about maybe admitting that I am sick. For today *cough cough* I am fine! See?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!