Friday, May 6, 2011

How much does the Truth Cost?

Well for today - the truth costs exactly $60. That is the price I paid to be seen at Urgent Care when I reluctantly crawled my way into be seen. I made it clear at the receptionist window that I was absolutely NOT sick.  The Doctor made it clear that I was an absolute idiot and was INDEED sick. All the pretending and denial of my current health status did not make me a well person. The truth is ....  I. Am. Sick. Evidently I am really sick.  I have a fever. I have a bacterial sinus infection. I have a severe upper respiratory infection. My throat and lymph nodes and airways are so swollen that not only did I need a course of antibiotics and cough suppressants, but I need a round of steroids as well. Hmmmmm.  It does seem like those medications are something a sick person would take! I guess when it comes down to it - If I willingly drive myself to Urgent Care, willingly plunk down $60 just to be seen, willingly wait in the waiting room....I already know I am for real sick. Mr. Yesteryear Acres is glad I finally went.  He has been begging me to go for the past few days.  Now I guess I will really have to go and crawl up on the couch and watch a movie or two.  I have a Doctor's excuse.  Luckily it is the weekend so I have extra help at home.  My daughter is already going to the pharmacy for me to get my prescriptions filled. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son are taking care of all the puppies and doggies.  I guess the only thing left for me to do is...take care of myself. I think I will take the night off and rest.  Hopefully tomorrow the medication will kick in and I can legitimately say, I am NOT sick (anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!