Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Way back when - my son was just a tiny thing.  I remember when the day finally came and he graduated from his crib to a big boy bed.  That was such a big moment.  No more crib.  A real bed.  Just his size. I remember it as if it were yesterday.  We had a little comforter with cartoon dump trucks and tractors on it.  His sheets had John Deere Tractors on them. He had his whole room decorated with tractors and trucks. We took a million pictures of him smiling as he laid in his real bed. It is one of those big moments of childhood you just never forget. I really didn't think we would replay that moment....but in a way.....we did just that. My little tiny boy just got his 16th birthday present a little early this year. What did he get?  A Big Boy Bed! Yes, my little tiny boy is now 6'4".  A few weeks ago I saw my tiny boy all scrunched up in his twin bed.  His feet were hanging off the end and his arms didn't fit in his bed either. He has really long arms and really long legs. I just hadn't realized how cramped his bed was.  He didn't fit in it at all.  I asked him how he could sleep like that.  His answer, "Not very well".  So Mr.Yesteryear Acres and I decided to get him a big bed for his birthday.  I suppose most 16 year old boys really dream of a truck for their birthday - but I am fairly certain that my boy - just wanted to sleep well enough so he COULD dream. A new bed is just what he needed! Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I picked a bed out for him about 3 weeks ago.  We had to find a bed frame that didn't have a high foot board at the end.  I mean - he IS a growing boy and needs room to grow! We finally found one we liked and ordered the bed and new mattress set. This morning, the moving truck arrived! Everyone here was so excited.  I don't know who was more excited, my son - who couldn't wait to climb into his new bed, my daughters who couldn't wait to finish assembling the bed so they could show their brother, or Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I, who couldn't wait to give our son his birthday present. The bed looks FANTASTIC and we are all so happy about it.  Tonight - my boy will sleep in a bed...just his size.  Awwwww.  Just like when he was little! Happy Early Birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!