Sunday, June 3, 2012

Warrior Dash......Warrior Dock

This morning my older daughter and son headed off to go run a Warrior Dash. It is a 5K event through mud and fire and barbed wired.  You know....SO MUCH FUN. They asked my younger daughter if she wanted to join them. She gave them an emphatic NO.  My older daughter was completely incredulous.  She said, "Isn't there ANY part of you that wants to run across cars and swim through mud pits and fire?!??!!?" My younger daughter again said, "No.  No part at all... ZERO."  And so my 2 little warriors left this morning in full costume to go compete in the Warrior Dash.
Watch out Warriors

Yes.  She is a Chemistry Major.  Yes. They are IRONMAN.

They are ready for battle. 

And they are off!
Meanwhile..........
Mr. Yesteryear Acres thought that my younger daughter and I deserved a break.  We have been working non-stop for weeks.  I told him that we couldn't take a break.  We were too busy.  We have too much stuff to do.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres said, "sometimes you just have to enjoy life."  So he went out and got our dock all ready for the summer.  The ladder went in.  The chairs went out. The umbrella went up AND the chair cushions were all set up for us.  How could we say no?

I am waiting for you!

Warrior Dock. MUCH better choice!

Mr. Yesteryear Acres thought of everything!  He brought us this well stocked cooler full of delights!

Our view

Yes. Warrior Dock wins!!!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I ran on Sun. The warrior dash was lots of fun! Cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!