Monday, June 4, 2012

Is This Clean? Nope. Is This Clean? Nope.

My son and older daughter had a good time at the Warrior Dash yesterday. They came in second place for best costume and finished the race with ease. Evidently, the Warrior Dash was too easy.  Last year, my daughter competed in the Tough Mudder, which is a 12 mile obstacle race and that was more to her liking.  Now my son wants to find a Tough Mudder so they both can compete in one together. Hopefully someday they will be able to do just that.  Someday.  But NOT today. Today, we are tackling the living room full of my older daughter's belongings from 4 years at the Naval Academy. We started early this morning and I think we have only hit the halfway mark. How can she have so much stuff??!!??  So far the day has gone something like this:
Me - "Is this clean?"

Daughter - "Nope"

Me - "Is this clean?"

Daughter - "Nope"

Me - "IS THIS ACKKKKK ARGHHHHHHH GASP CHOKE!!!"

Daughter - "Hahahahahahaha NO!"

My poor washer.  I literally have laundry stacked to the ceiling.  Some of it is stuffed in trash bags and I will need a gas mask in order to remove the belongings. If suddenly the water table drops for the State of Ohio - please blame my daughter. To all my midmom friends......If your midshipman brought home boxes of belongings and stacked them in your living room, and you suddenly wonder...."what's that smell?"...please run as fast as you can to the nearest warehouse store and purchase a skid load of detergent.  Trust me.  You will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!