Friday, April 9, 2010

Don't Cry for me Argentina

Today I left home early and headed for Annapolis, Maryland to visit my daughter at the United States Naval Academy. I baked up a storm all day yesterday. I made Amish Chicken and Noodles, homemade rolls, strawberry salad and Smore's Bars. I also slow roasted a huge pork loin and made pulled pork. Thanks to the brilliant idea given to me by my mother-in-law, I put the pulled pork in my big crockpot and plugged the crockpot into a converter and used the cigarette lighter in my car to keep it nice and warm for the entire journey. I have to say my car smelled delightful. In addition to my car full of homebaked goodness, I had 2 puppies accompany me on my trip. I delivered one puppy to the Hagerstown, Maryland area and the other puppy went all the way to Annapolis. Both puppies were awesome travelers but the Annapolis bound puppy was a bit opinionated on just which music was suitable for the journey. It was actually rather funny. When the Proclaimers sang "5,000 Miles" the puppy went along with the music but whenever the chorus came on "AND I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more.." He would add this hysterical sigh as if he had made the journey himself. He definitely did not approve of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina". Evidently he felt that it was more than necessary to cry for Argentina and howled until I was ultimately forced to change the song. "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson brought quite a bit of delight to the pup. I assume he thought Jack was making the pancakes for him RIGHT THEN and would be delivering them any moment. He actually wagged his tail through the entire song. He was also particularly fond of Dido - which I imagine is because he thought her name was actually "Fido" and he believed they were long lost kin. I am telling you the puppy really knew his music! He cried along with Deanna Carter and was terribly sad over the fact she wasted an entire evening shaving her legs for a non-existent date. He added his own panting to Maroon 5's "Harder to Breathe" and really added that something special to the song. I think his favorite song of the day was by Cake. Evidently he likes the band name and makes him think of delicious treats. When Cake sang "Short Skirt and a LONG jacket" the delight he felt was obvious. It was apparent that he was thinking of chasing that long jacket and perhaps dragging it all over the house with great joy. I hope the puppy's new owners will keep up his musical education. He had a most excellent head start today. I left him singing "Atomic Dog" as he went off to join his new family :) Bow Wow Wow Yippee OH Yippee AY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!