Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What to Pack?

I am leaving tomorrow for the International Labradoodle Breeder's Conference in Atlanta. My younger daughter is coming with me which will make the whole trip even better.  Our first labradoodle breeder's meeting isn't until Friday evening so Friday morning we are heading off to the Atlanta Aquarium.  We will be there the second it opens and I am sure we will be there until they kick us out at the end of the day.  My daughter LOVES aquariums.  She loves all types of sealife, creatures, oceans, exhibits and anything that has to do with marine life in general.  She hopes to study marine biology in college so being able to spend the day in the world's largest aquarium is a dream come true.  There are more than 8 million gallons of water at the Atlanta Aquarium and more animals than any other aquarium in the world.  My daughter can't wait.  I can't wait to see her happy smiling face all day long.  We are sure to have fun.  Saturday we will be at the breeder's conference all day long but there is always so much to learn, that I always have a great time. Saturday night we will get the chance to hang out with all the breeders and just talk and spend the night laughing and enjoying each other's company. That is just as much fun, if not more fun, than the seminars. I have gone to every labradoodle breeder's conference since they first started holding them. This will be my 5th year going and I am looking forward to seeing my colleagues.  I have spent most of the day getting all the things I need to do around the house finished. All I really have to do now is pack. I still don't know what I am packing!  I need to figure this out.  I am never the right temperature.  I am usually cold, so even though I am sure the weather in Atlanta will be delightful, I will have to pack long sleeves for the trip.  Then there is the whole "what to wear to the airport" dilemma.  I mean you want to be comfy when you are crammed into your seat like a sardine, but you don't want to look like you just rolled out of bed. You have to find just the right mix of, "I look nice" yet "I am soooo comfy!"  Slip on comfortable shoes and socks are also a must.  No one wants to walk through the security with naked feet! I need to figure out 3 outfits and get them in the suitcase pronto.  I leave tomorrow so there is no time to spare! I also need to make some popcorn for one of my breeder friends.  I have been promising her some of my special delicious popcorn so I have to get that done.  I hope there is room for it.  At the very least I need to make up a batch of my special seasonings and a bag of my hulless popcorn kernels.  That might be better so it doesn't become a bag of crushed dust by the time my suitcase arrives around the carousel.  I wonder if I keep typing and typing my blog - that magically my outfits will appear and then fold themselves neatly into my bag?  Nice thinking right? Okay - I guess I have procrastinated enough.  I must go figure these things out and get it done.  I know!  I will reward myself with a bowl of homemade ice cream when I am done!  Nothing says get busy like a bowl of maraschino cherry chocolate chunk ice cream waiting for you! Suitcase - you are about to be packed RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!