Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday Weekend Finale

Ahhh the last day of the big birthday weekend.  Despite having swim team practice and AP Calculus homework (how rude!) the day was still full of fun.  My daughter and I started the morning off by catching up on "The Bachelor".  We both agree it is a horrible awful no good very bad show - but we watch it anyway. I mean you have to see who the Bachelor ends up with! For lunch we had a big bowl of freshly made taco salad which was delicious.  While my daughter was at swim practice, I worked on her birthday cake.  This year she wanted Strawberry Banana cake and the bananas were just overly ripe and perfect for the recipe. I think it is going to be a good one!
I can't wait for her to get home.  I have to get busy on making her official birthday dinner.  We couldn't have it on her birthday because of the swim meet so we postponed the big dinner until tonight.  Her pick - homemade buttermilk fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes, broccoli and rolls.  Followed of course by cake and more cake and then a movie with world famous popcorn. We are doing it picnic style with a big picnic blanket out in the living room. She has always loved indoor picnics so we are having a picnic dinner, complete with milkshakes and hopefully a good movie or two! Now that is a finale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!