Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reading is Fundamental

I love to read. I think reading is one of life's greatest pleasures. I love to read adventures and mysteries and go to far off exotic lands. I seldom get to read as I am way too busy to justify curling up with a good book, but if given an opportunity, I would choose reading a good book over just about anything. I know some people think that if a book is good enough, someone will make it into a movie and they can just wait until then. Boy are they missing out! Books let your mind fill with rich images and well developed characters.  They take you places you have never been and treat you to tales of wonder. Whenever I watch a movie based off a book I read, I never think the characters look or sound they way I imagined them to be. Even if I really really love the movie, I am always glad I had the opportunity to read the book as well.  Sometimes I will enjoy the movie and the book with the same passion. Even if the movie is far different than I imagined, it still can be extremely entertaining and fun to watch. Since I do not get the chance to read very often, I have to make up for it whenever I go on vacation. I try to squeeze as much reading in as I can each day. I usually read and finish one book a day. I always figure any day I can read an entire book is a great day. Today I read a page turner. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out what was going to happen. I don't think I moved for hours. It was a fantastic book, and as soon as I finished that one, I immediately started the next one. It has been a reading marathon day for both me and my mom. We did come up for air at lunch and dinner, but now we are back at it again. I might just get two novels finished today. Ahhhh. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!