Sunday, January 23, 2011

Even Colder!

I take back yesterday's C C C C cold post and double that Brrr with a BRRRRR and another BRRRRRR on top of that!! I arrived home and was greeted by 13* temperatures that are supposed to fall into below zero digits tonight. Of course I was wearing a thin black shirt and no coat.  Smart right? Luckily Mr. Yesteryear Acres had the car all nice and toasty so I didn't suffer long.  I cannot believe how COLD it is.  I put on more layers the second I walked in the door. Now that I look like a properly dressed eskimo, I am ready for the week that lies ahead.  Despite the temperatures, I am so happy to be home! Even frigid temperatures cannot diminish my love for being home. Mr. Yesteryear picked me up right on time and had a big smile on his face when he saw me.  I was so happy to see him too! When I arrived home, my daughter had a homemade chocolate cake waiting with a card that said, "WELCOME HOME MOMMY!" and she drew a heart in the frosting.  My son had all the farm chores done and I even got a hug hello.  We are having a fantastic meal prepared by Mr. Yesteryear Acres.....a huge pork roast that has been slowly roasting since this morning, homemade mashed potatoes, corn from the garden, fried apple slices, rolls and for the finale, my daughter's delicious chocolate cake.  I am so excited! My mouth is drooling and it smells SO good. I cannot wait.  I am going to have a huge glass of cold milk to go with my meal to make it complete.  With smiling happy faces surrounding me, a house full of mouth-watering delicious aromas, a lap full of cute cuddly puppies, I can truly say, there is no place like home.  I am glad to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!