Thursday, February 10, 2011

DON'T put THAT in there!

I am a really good cook.  I make super delicious meals and I cook almost every day. It is a passion of mine and I really enjoy it.  Other people seem to really enjoy it too!  I am super lucky because Mr. Yesteryear Acres is also a really excellent chef.  He makes the most mouth watering dishes.  That is where our similarities end.  I make things that people have heard of.  I am not that creative.  If I make a roasted chicken - it is just that - a roasted chicken. It is delicious but you won't find me putting something you have never thought of into the roasted chicken dish.  You will get exactly what you expected. Mr. Yesteryear Acres however goes out of his way to add the unusual.  To think of things no one has ever thought of before.  If he is in the kitchen whipping up a masterpiece, you will undoubtedly hear me say, "DON'T put THAT in there!!!"  He comes up with the most crazy concoctions ever.  And of course - every single time - it works.  It is always delicious.  I mean REALLY delicious.  It isn't what you think it is going to be - but instead it is even better. Some of the most delicious things I have ever eaten have been prepared by my sweet Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  His latest concoction was....salad.  Yep. Salad.  I made a delicious pasta with fresh asparagus and some roasted garlic bread and his job was the salad.  I walked into the kitchen and he had some olive oil sauteing in a pan and was adding some of his flare to the oil.  In a bowl was freshly crumbled blue cheese. The next thing I knew, Mr. Yesteryear Acres grabbed the cherry tomatoes and threw them into the hot steaming oil.  I screamed, "DON'T put THAT in THERE!!!!" but it was too late.  The tomatoes were sizzling within seconds. Next he added a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice and gave everything a quick toss and dumped the hot steaming tomato concoction onto the crumbled blue cheese.  The chopped romaine lettuce went on top and then he quickly tossed everything together and topped the salad with some coarse sea salt. OH MY GOODNESS! It was without a doubt the best salad ever.  It eclipsed my very delicious asparagus dish.  Every bite was so good. The tomatoes popped in my mouth with extra sweet savory flavor and the hint of orange with the melted blue cheese was so good.  I licked my plate to get every drop of the dressing that was left. I will be dreaming about his salad for days. I have no idea what I am making for dinner tonight...but I am hoping a bit of DON'T PUT THAT IN THERE makes it to my plate.  I hate to admit it - but he is really that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!