Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is a day to celebrate the ones you love.  How nice to have a holiday that says, "I just want to let you know....I love you".  Sometimes life is just so busy and hurried and days can go by without giving much thought to how much those you love mean to you. It is easy to believe that those closest to you will always be there. Valentine's Day is a day designed to make you slow down, to stop, to reflect and most importantly to let the people you love know that you care.  I am so lucky to have many Valentines in my life.  I love them with all my heart and soul.  This morning my sweet Valentine Mr. Yesteryear Acres had my morning cup of coffee sitting on top of a cut-out heart. He even used pink paper to make my homemade valentine.  His valentine made my heart smile. He also made a HUGE snowheart out on our back hill.  He walked up and down several times to carve out a big heart in our snow covered hill. He makes a snow heart for me every winter.  I love that about him. I love a lot of things about him but most of all, I love the fact that he loves me. Just the way I am. I think there is nothing so wonderful, so special, so fulfilling than to know you are loved. Unconditionally.  With a love like that - anything is possible. Even though I see Mr. Yesteryear Acres every single day - I never forget to think about him, to appreciate him, to love him. I think this quote by Claudia Ghandi says it all, "If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden." I think we should all walk in an endless flower garden filled with the memories, love, gratitude and joy we have for our loved ones. Happy Valentine's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!