Sunday, October 16, 2011

And then she was gone

So there is a very good chance that I cried like a baby after I said goodbye to my younger daughter this afternoon.  I mean I knew she was going back to college so it wasn't like it was a big surprise or anything but OH MY GOSH I ALREADY MISS HER SO MUCH! Having her home for the weekend actually made me miss her more!  All of the sudden there she was - keeping me company, baking with me, smiling with me, laughing with me, watching my favorite shows with me and then.....she was gone. WAH!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sad. I think this goodbye was even worse than the goodbye back in August.  We had prepared so much for that goodbye, I think I was mostly ready for it.  This one seemed worse because having her home only reinforced how much I miss having her here.  Sigh.  Thanksgiving seems like a long time from now.  I know we will make it but - having someone you love far away from home - just isn't easy. We did manage to hold onto a fun childhood tradition while she was home.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres brought home 2 pumpkins so that my son and daughter could carve their jack-o-lanterns.  For just a moment - it was as if time didn't fly by so quickly....
An Ice Cream scooper makes the best jack-o-lantern cleaner
Notice the doggie on the lap....essential for good pumpkin carving!
You always have to draw the face on with a pencil first!
And use precision tools
The finished Jack O Lanterns
Ta Da!

SO CUTE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!