Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Bright Light Went Out

I was so saddened to read about the passing of Steve Jobs. I felt like the world truly lost a great visionary. He forever changed the face of technology. He was the definition of inspiration. I once watched an interview with him where he pushed aside talks of his greatest accomplishments and just focused on that fact that for him - his greatest joys came from his family. He wasn't one to dwell on what he accomplished but rather what he had yet to accomplish. I hope he accomplished what he dreamed of most. I have known many people that have faced the likelihood of an early death. Some have beaten the odds, some have not. When given the prognosis of just 6 months to live or 1 year to live - what changes need to be made? It is easy to assume we all have endless days ahead of us. It is easy to take days for granted. But what if you only had a few precious days or months left? What would you leave behind? What kind of person would you be remembered as? Would you have to spend your last days making up for all the lost days that flew by? In reality - we all have finite days.  No one is immune to the passage of time.  For some, the time goes far too quickly. For others a long beautiful life lies before them. I don't believe any of us should watch our days pass us by without living them to the fullest. I think a happy life is a grateful life.  I try not to think of all the things I could have, or all the things I might want - instead I focus on being deeply grateful for all the blessings I already have. I once read a quote that said, "What if you woke up with only the things you were thankful for the day before?" And you know what? I thought - I would have everything I need. I thank Mr. Yesteryear Acres every day for all the joy he brings to my life. I am thankful for my family, my home, my doggies, my puppies. I am thankful for my life. I think we should all try to leave this world a better place, accomplish our greatest ideas, follow through on promises, be grateful for all we have and try to share our blessings with others. Life is precious. Steve Jobs....the world will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!