Friday, October 12, 2012

Bike Warriors!

My son and I really got the most of our day today! The sun was shining and a cool breeze was blowing and the day could not be more beautiful.  We had lots of options on our list -San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Wild Animal Safari Park - but we decided that we would spend the day riding bikes together.  There is a terrific bike path here and the views are just incredible.  We rented our "old school" bikes - you know the kind - no hand brakes, one gear, push your bike pedals backwards to stop AND of course the requisite bike basket!  I got a pink bike with the basket and it definitely made me feel like I was in grade school again. It actually took me a while to get the hang of stopping. I kept gripping the handlebars which of course did not slow me down at all. Once we got going - it was fantastic! The bike path was wide enough for my son and I to ride side-by-side and there was absolutely no car traffic on the path.  It was great.  We followed the seashore for miles and miles.  Once we got to the most southwesterly city in the United States, my son decided we should bike to Mexico.  So we did. Yes - I biked to Mexico. I never thought I would say that one! On our bike ride back, we stopped for a picnic lunch. We had our picnic on a long fishing pier and watched the surfers while we ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Best lunch ever.  And who treated us to the bike rentals for the day? My son. It will definitely be a day I will never forget. We are Bike Warriors!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!