Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Paul Bunyan

Well it is official - tomato season has come to a close.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres picked 2 more bushels of tomatoes from the garden last night and I believe that may just be the end of the tomato picking. This morning we woke up to frost on the ground as the temperature was a chilly 31*.  Looks like Mr. Yesteryear Acres is going to have to fire up the good ole furnace.  We have a wood burning furnace and Mr. Yesteryear Acres has several cords of wood - split, stacked and ready for action. Some people spend their free time relaxing, Mr. Yesteryear Acres spends it splitting wood.  He has an impressive log pile! I have to admit, I like waiting until November before we turn on the furnace BUT......I did have a trail of doodle doggies following me this morning, just waiting for me to sit down so they could  crawl up and snuggle on my robe.  It IS a very soft robe and I DO love my doodle doggies but I am thinking we may have to break down and get the furnace going.  Otherwise I may be forced to sit in my robe
All
Day
Long
Well we definitely all know that is never going to happen....looks like Paul Bunyan will be busy today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!