Friday, October 5, 2012

Love from Home

My older daughter has really been missing Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  I have been lucky enough to visit her several times since she left for the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, but Mr. Yesteryear Acres has not seen her since the day she drove down our driveway earlier this summer. I can still feel the sadness of that moment and I know Mr. Yesteryear Acres does too. Early this morning, I helped Mr. Yesteryear Acres load up the puppy mobile and I waved goodbye as he drove down the driveway.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is the puppy delivery guy for the day! He is making the long drive and will be lucky enough to see our daughter later this evening. I am happy for him and I am happy for my daughter.  She definitely needs some Daddy time.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is on the way with  a cooler full of home-cooked meals and goodness for her.  I have been cooking and baking away all week to make sure she would be well-supplied with love from home. Tonight's meal will be Thai Peanut Chicken, brown/white rice and fresh green beans and of course a loaf of fresh baked Honey Oatmeal Flax bread.  I had to wait until midnight last night until the bread was cool enough to wrap up for the trip.  I also made a batch of fudge brownies with fudge frosting.  My poor son looked so sad last night when I pulled them out of the oven.  I had to tell them they were for his sister and watch his happy face instantly turn to sorrow.  No worries though!  I have a red velvet cake baking in the oven right now and I am fairly sure that smile will be right back where it belongs. Tonight there will be smiles all around for everyone.  Happy Puppy Smiles, Happy Puppy Family Smiles and Happy Yesteryear Acres Family smiles too! It is just one big happy smiling day for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!