Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Magic of Cookies

Today's dreary rainy kind of morning was just perfect for having a delicious cup of coffee with a side of Molasses Oatmeal cookies. Mmmmmm.  The deep rich flavor of coffee coupled with the chewy molasses ginger oatmeal cookie is a combo flavor of heavenly deliciousness. I told Mr. Yesteryear Acres that I felt guilty eating a cookie so early in the morning and he told me 2 important things
1) The cookies will never be as good tomorrow as they are today - so I should definitely enjoy one of my awesome cookies
and
2) He said that I look amazing so I should definitely enjoy one of my awesome cookies.
That Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  He always knows just what to say.  My son brought some of the cookies with him to his cross-country meet.  Today was the big District meet and........my son's team qualified for Regionals!  That is big exciting news.  I am sure my son is thinking he is going to Regionals because all summer long, he ran.  He ran in hot weather.  He ran in rainy weather.  When Cross Country season started he ran even harder.  He ran on vacation. I am SURE he thinks his dedication to the sport is the reason he qualified for Regionals but we all know the real reason..........................
My Molasses Oatmeal Cookies!!!!!!!
Here is the recipe if you want to whip up a batch or two (or nine) of your own!

MOLASSES OATMEAL COOKIES

3/4 cup Margarine
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Molasses
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 cup Rolled Oats
Bake at *375 for 8-10 minutes. If you remove the cookies right after they puff up and then fall - they will stay moist and chewy. If you bake them too long - they will be crisp but not chewy.  We love them chewy. SO GOOD!
AND you might want to double or triple the recipe - these cookies disappear quickly!!! Mmmmm.  So good.  Great with a cup of coffee too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!