Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Boots Required....but worth it

For the past few months it has most definitely been a boot wearing necessity when it comes to walking here at Yesteryear Acres.  Either mud boots (that come up at least calf high) or snow boots are always the footwear du jour.  Every Single Day. Right now - it is definitely a mud boot day.  We have rain and more rain and the grass is so soft and squishy that the mud just covers your boots.  The doodle doggies are muddy too. It is a mess outside. Yesterday the sun was shining and it was a bit less muddy so I ventured out in my favorite mud boots and took a few pictures. You might need to wear boots to walk around here......but it is so worth it.
The doggies think the hay field makes for an awesome race track

They like to make several laps to see who has the best time

The horsies think it is fun to watch too!

Grits says, "Are you a GIANT doodle?"

The horses reply, "Are you a TINY pony?"

Why hello friend!

Hello!

Who doesn't love horsey hugs!?!

I think Grits was telling them a story...."and then I ran around the field!"

THEN what happened?!  

I saw GEESE!  Yes. Our resident geese are back on our pond.
I feel like this picture would make an excellent postcard or painting.

Blossom thinks the picture is WAY better now.

I told Grits we would soon have goslings.  She thinks that will make a nice addition to Yesteryear Acres.
Last night I turned this photo into my wallpaper for my phone.  I smile every time I see it.  I love it here! Boots and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!