Saturday, March 5, 2016

120 Shopping Minutes

My younger daughter called me to see if I needed to go grocery shopping.  Her timing was spot on because I had a major list of things I needed, most significantly......MILK!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres had the last glass of milk this morning and we can never ever be without milk! My daughter wanted to meet out by her place to go grocery shopping together.  Since I love love love love being with my daughter, I was out the door in no time and at the parking lot in 37 minutes flat. I had my grocery list all organized and if I were shopping by myself, it would take me about a half hour to get my cart loaded. My daughter's list was even shorter than mine so I figure it would have taken her 20 minutes to get everything on her list.  Somehow - we didn't even come close to that!  Even if you added my estimated time to her estimated time........we more than doubled that.  I don't know how the time just flew by but when we checked out, 2 hours had elapsed. I suppose when you spend your time laughing and talking and catching up and thinking of new menu ideas, 120 shopping minutes is just about right.  There is a very good chance that it was in fact 30 minutes of shopping and 90 minutes of I LOVE BEING WITH YOU SO MUCH - but when asked what I did this afternoon, the answer is I got everything on the grocery list......and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!