Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hey! I don't want to think about that!

The other day I spent hours with my younger daughter going over her finances, tuition costs, textbooks needed for the semester etc.  It wasn't really that fun but one of those necessary things in life you just have to do.  Today was my older daughter's turn.  As many of you know, she will be graduating from the Naval Academy in May and has been selected to be commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Marine Corps.  Over the holiday break she was given a LOAD of paperwork to fill out in preparation for her service assignment. I said that today I would sit with her for hours and help her get through all the stacks of paperwork.  Well everything was going well.  Name....check.  Address... check.  Home of Record...check.  Legal Residence ...check.  Marine Corps Ground contract signed and the next 8 years of her life promised to USMC.....check. Next of Kin....check?  Who do we notify in case of your death....CHECK?????  What to do in the case where your body cannot be recovered? WAIT A MINUTE?  WAH!  I don't want to think about that!  We had so much paperwork to fill out on those type details. My baby is 21 years old!  Mommies do not like to fill out paperwork about these type things! Of course we got through it all and I know it was all necessary but WAH.  I think tomorrow we should schedule a fun day.  No finances.  No textbook buying. AND certainly NO empty coffin vs. name tag burial situations!  I am going to declare a girlie day full of fluffy romance comedies, popcorn and nail polishing! Now that is my kind of "Must Do" on the good ole "To Do" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!