Friday, December 9, 2011

Ball Run

My daughter's company at the Naval Academy is given the arduous task of running the game ball to the field.  Tomorrow marks the big ARMY vs. NAVY football game and of course, everyone here at Yesteryear Acres is chanting, "GO NAVY!"  13th Company has always been in charge of the ball run and the firsties (senior class) get the honor of running the ball onto the field. The midshipmen of 13th Company left The United States Naval Academy earlier today and have over 100 miles to run before they make it to the stadium.  My daughter texted me to let me know she was one of the midshipmen holding the sign so I would be sure to see her.  Part of the run will be filmed for "A Game of Honor" special that is airing on TV. I already have my DVR set to record the big show!  I am so sad to be stuck at home with a broken ankle missing all the festivities.  I have a couple of midmom friends who are busy taking pictures for me in my absence.  I feel lucky to have such awesome friends.  If anyone sees a particularly cute looking mid named Abigail - take a picture for me!  Her mom misses her!  Run Abigail run!  See you on TV tomorrow!  GO NAVY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!