Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2

I love turkey. I love love love love love it.  I am like the Dad on the movie The Christmas Story who can't wait to eat his Christmas turkey. My mouth just waters all day long as I can smell the deliciousness coming from the kitchen.  Tonight we are having Thanksgiving Dinner.....Number 2! I mean it isn't REALLY Thanksgiving - but I am thankful. I am SO thankful to be surrounded by my family and I am SO thankful to have all 3 of my children home for one more week.  Next Christmas, my older daughter might be deployed on the other side of the world so we are doing a repeat of our favorite meal tonight to get all the goodness in while everyone is still all together.  The turkey was a collaborative effort.  Everyone helped make the stuffing and get the bird in the oven.  We are having mashed potatoes, gravy, scalloped corn, beets, strawberry salad, homemade buttermilk bread and for dessert - pecan pie!  It is a true turkey feast! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!  Everything smells so good. Don't worry. There is no chance of having the same fate as in The Christmas Story - "Gone, all gone!  No Turkey! No turkey sandwiches! No turkey salad! No Turkey Gravy! Turkey Hash! Turkey a la King! Or Gallons of Turkey Soup! Gone, ALL GONE! We already have plates of turkey goodies lined up for the doggies ready to go.  Everyone gets Thanksgiving here! AND turkey soup!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!