Tuesday, December 13, 2011

One Month to Go

This morning I had my 2 week follow up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. It has been 2 weeks since my fateful fall down the treacherous embankment aka backyard and fractured my ankle/leg. I had new x-rays taken this morning and good news! My break is healing nicely.  There was no displacement and no need for him to "throw a few screws in there".  Surgery has been cancelled. YEA!  Now all I have to do is be VERY VERY good for the next 4 weeks.  NO weight bearing. None. I still have to hop/roll everywhere I go.  I have to say I have developed some mad knee scooting/crutch walking skills in the past 2 weeks.  I can walk a puppy on a leash and only mildly have the leash get tangled around me. I can make dinner. I can empty the dishwasher. I can wash the puppy pans. I can fold laundry. I can do a lot of things - albeit
S L O W L Y but still they are getting done.  What I cannot do is carry things around. I can't carry my phone. I can't carry a basket of laundry. I can't carry a glass a water. I can't go get a cup of coffee, heat it up in the microwave and then carry the lovely cup of coffee to my computer where I can savor it. Also - dear Mr. Yesteryear Acres......I cannot clear the table after dinner.  I am not sure why this fact eludes him but it does.  Our conversation at dinner goes something like this:
"Hey, you left your dishes on the table"

"I know. I have a BROKEN ANKLE and can't carry anything. I am on CRUTCHES!"

"Oh yea, I don't know why I always forget you can't do that"

ARGH.  You can also substitute the "you left your dishes on the table" with: "hey did you get the mail, hey can you get the milk, hey can you get the napkins, hey can you grab a new roll of toilet paper, hey I need a towel, hey did you water the puppies.....??????" etc. etc. etc.

4 more weeks. 4 more weeks.  4 more weeks.  Just one month to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!