Sunday, April 29, 2012

Goldilocks

For some reason for the past few days - Mr. Yesteryear Acres likes things one way and my son likes things the other.  For example - last night my son came to me on the verge of death due to severe starvation.  I believe it had been a whopping 90 minutes since the last time he ate. He crawled into the kitchen, barely alive, and asked, "How long until dinner?" I responded that dinner would be ready in 15 minutes.  He said, "THAT LONG? ARGH!!!!" My son didn't know if he would be able to last an entire 15 more minutes without eating. When dinner was a mere 5 minutes away from being ready, my son was barely breathing.  Death was imminent.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres walked into the kitchen and said, "Why is dinner ready so early?????? I don't want to eat now!" Are you serious?  I do not think 6:15pm is particularly early and where are all the thank yous?  Where are all the accolades of appreciation?  Here I made Roasted Chicken and stuffing and gravy and fresh green beans!  I even made a pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting.  I mean it was a very fine meal!  Instead I got...."Dinner is too LATE" and "Dinner is too EARLY".  Hurumph.  This afternoon I made my son and Mr. Yesteryear Acres soup for lunch. The other night I made Cream of Potato and Broccoli Soup and thoughtfully heated the leftover soup for their lunch.  I ladled the soup into 2 huge matching mugs.  I warmed them in the microwave for exactly 3:00 minutes each. This is what I got....

Mr. Yesteryear Acres......"Ack! This soup too cold.  I like it hotter"

My son......."Ack! This soup is too hot. I almost incinerated my face!"

Evidently I am living the Goldilocks Fairy Tale.  Maybe....just maybe...Tonight will be just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!