Saturday, January 19, 2013

When I Grow Up

I got to spend some really awesome quality time with my mom this week. She is a LOT of fun and we are usually so busy that we don't get to see each other as often as we would like.  We are limited to a quick phone call or email and we always mean to get together but somehow life gets in the way. This week was different.  This week we got to go out together and we took time to exercise together and we had some DELICIOUS meals together and we even got to go dancing together.  I cannot tell you how many people came up to us and asked,
"Are you mother and Daughter?"
Followed immediately by, "You guys are the happiest, most fun, mother and daughter we have ever seen! You are so lucky to have so much fun together!"
My mom had a lot of people come up to her and say, "I want to be like you when I grow up" or "I hope I can be like you when I am your age!" At first she wasn't sure how to take this. "My age??? My age? AM I OLD?!??"  I had to tell her that yes, she is old BUT she doesn't act old and that is all that matters!  She outdanced everyone on the dance floor.  She outsmiled everyone in the restaurant.  She literally sparkled with happiness.  We had the best time together and I am SO appreciative of every minute. Everyone needs a little Mommy time in their life! I am so lucky mine is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!