Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brings Out the Love

Every Thursday here at Yesteryear Acres is "Clean The House Thursday".  It happens without fail.  I don't really mind Clean The House Thursday.  Now mind you, I don't LEAP from my bed Thursday morning shouting, "Oh BOY! Oh BOY! It is CLEAN THE HOUSE THURSDAY! HURRAY!"  But I don't rue the day either.  It wasn't too long ago that I was physically unable to clean my own house on Thursday or any other day so I take pride and gratitude that I am strong enough and healthy enough to accomplish the task.  It takes ALL day long and I have a pretty good attitude about the whole thing.  When I clean my younger daughter's room, I look at her headbands and her pictures and her stuffed animals and all the things from her childhood and all the things she has now and I think of how much I love her.  When I dust her dresser, I think, "I love her so".  When I clean my older daughter's room, I look at her medals and her Marine Corps paraphernalia   I look at her United States Naval Academy diploma and all the things from her childhood and I think of how much I love her.  When I dust her shelves, I think, "I love her so." When I clean my son's room, I look at all the things he treasures in life. Every time I dust a little token that he has saved, my heart smiles. His room always takes the longest to clean.  His room gives me plenty of time to reflect on how much I love him. For instance, when I vacuum under his bed, and I vacuum up a missing sock, and it gets stuck in my vacuum wand, and I have to go find a wire hanger, and I have to untwist the wire hanger, and I have to fish out the very stuck sock, I think, " I LOVE HIM SO, I LOVE HIM SO, I LOVE HIM SO!!!!!!" See?  Clean The House Thursday brings out the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!