Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lucky Me!

Today I was so lucky and got to spend the entire day with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in over 5 years. When our kids were little, the two of us were inseparable. We had our girls really close together so we were always in the same stage of parenting.  We were pregnant with our firstborns together. We spent so much time talking about our excitement about our new babies and then when our girls were born, we had even more in common.  I think we went to the park/zoo/playground etc more than any other moms ever.  We had cooking projects and art projects and activity projects that we planned every week.  We spent a solid decade sharing every single important milestone.  There seriously could have been no better friend. Then Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I moved to Yesteryear Acres and the times we got to see each other became far too few. We both became so busy with our careers and lives and the distance was such that we couldn't do all the things we did before. When our oldest girls graduated from high school, my friend moved to Florida and that was pretty much the end of our seeing each other.  Well guess who is back!  YEA!  My friend is back in Ohio and today we spent the day together catching up.  Do you know what the best part was?  It was like we had never been apart.  She KNOWS me.  She knows me so well and gets all my jokes and she really cares about me.  I feel the same way right back.  Do you know what the second best part was?  SHE BROUGHT ME MY FAVORITE COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She always used to make me my favorite cookies as a present. It was always my favorite present as it came from her heart AND I LOVE COOKIES!  So now I have a box of my favorite cookies and the awesome smile on my face from a day spent with my dear sweet friend!  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!