Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Egregious Error in Judgment

Oh no.  I have made an egregious error in judgment.  I went to the grocery store......HUNGRY!  What was I thinking??!!!  I know better than to walk down the aisles of temptation whilst being hungry. Willpower - where are you?  Doritos? Mmmmm Those look DELICIOUS!  I bet my son would like some for his lunch.  Fritos? Oh my - those would be good for his lunch too.  Who doesn't love potato chips?!  Bagels!  Cream cheese! Chocolate cookies, Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers, Brownie mix, Chocolate pudding!  Those would all be great too!  My shopping cart was filled to the brim.  Nothing else would fit as I rolled to the checkout lane.  I almost had to throw myself on top of the cart to keep things from toppling out.  Once I got home and started to unload, the joy in my son's eyes should have been the first clue as to my lack of willpower.  I got the, "I was the best mommy on the planet" look.  His eyes were dancing with utter happiness.  The pantry was full and his lunch time was now going to be AWESOME.  That is......until.........Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I had just ONE chocolate covered graham cracker.  I carried exactly one cookie out to the living room for each of us.  Just one.  And then I walked back to the kitchen and brought one more.  And then I walked to the kitchen to get a glass of milk for each of us and just one LAST cookie.  And then....
They were gone.
Thank goodness I bought a spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!