Sunday, October 20, 2013

So Glad I Was There

The Gala last night was amazing! There were little twinkle lights everywhere and the ballroom looked enchanted. Everyone was dressed in formal gowns and tuxedos. It was quite the formal affair. I was really glad I made the trip. It is hard being away from Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son and my doodle doggies but the award ceremony was really special. It was so neat to hear my Mom's name called up on stage in front of 2,000 guests. There was an entire video presentation of all that she has done and I kept thinking, "Yep. That's my mom!"  She looked so lovely up on the big Gala stage. Here was a room full of women from over 50 countries. Prime Ministers. Presidents. CEOs and Directors of companies and scientists and global award winners.... all there to see my mom receive her award. I couldn't be more proud. We were all grinning from ear to ear as she accepted her award. Our eyes might have been glistening too. Congratulations "Women Who Make A Difference" award winner mom! So glad I was there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!