Sunday, October 13, 2013

Perfectly Normal

My younger daughter came home yesterday for a quick visit to soak up some family time.  She has been missing her doggies and her kitties and everything about home. I was super busy yesterday with puppy visits and sadly didn't get to spend very much time with her.  While I was busy with the puppy families, my daughter was busy in the kitchen baking me a birthday cake!  This year I didn't get a birthday cake on my birthday so my daughter thought a belated chocolate cake would be a perfect end to our day.  She was so right!
Let's just say - that is a bright and shiny cake!  No need to comment on the amount of candles....just awesome chocolate goodness!
See my daughter's beautiful face?  Best part of my surprise cake!
This morning we made time for a big Sunday breakfast.  I made homemade banana blueberry pancakes and we took our time enjoying every last bite.  After breakfast, it was hard not to cry when my daughter pulled out of the driveway to head back to college.  I telephoned her a little bit later in the day to say that I didn't miss her at all.  I said it was perfectly normal to cry while washing dishes.  She said she felt the same way about driving.  Perfectly normal.  Nope.  We don't miss each other at all! Hurry up and get here Thanksgiving Break!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!