Saturday, January 25, 2014

At least we have the Banana Cake

I know. I know. I had a really really really long break with my younger daughter at home so in no way can I complain that she is gone ....but WAH!  She is gone!  It will probably be the last long break like that.  We had SO much fun together this winter break.  We went on snow hikes and snow walks and sledding and skating and played with the doodle doggies every day.  We made some gourmet culinary treats and spent every minute we could enjoying each other's company.  I am so grateful for all the time we had and now.......the house seems a little empty without her sweet smile. She is just the most considerate, sweetest kindest person and her presence fills the house with happiness and endless smiles.  I know it will be hard for her to be away - just as it is hard for me to have her gone. We have already set up a time to video chat because of course - we miss each other already.  I know we will quickly get into the "School Routine" and the weeks will start ticking away but for now....it feels so sad to have her gone but at the same time - we are so grateful for the time we were given.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son and I will have to eat a piece of her birthday banana cake in her honor.  Thanks for a great break!  We miss you!
ps....your cake is delicious!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!