Thursday, January 30, 2014

Until the Purple Sky sent us in

This morning my son did something totally different....he went to school! We did have a 2 hour delay but then - off to school he went.  The house seemed quite empty without him home!  He asked me if I wanted to go play in the snow after he was done with school. I said that it was clean the house Thursday and I didn't think I would have time.  He gave me a very good speech about making time to enjoy life and the snow was just perfect and it has been too cold to play so I finally agreed that at 4:30pm, I would stop everything and go out with him.  Let me tell you, I am kind of a driven person and stopping mid-project is almost impossible for me.  At 4:30pm, I needed to switch laundry loads, brush the doggies, empty the dishwasher, load the dishwasher and put dinner in the oven.  How could I just stop?  At 4:37pm, my son dragged me outside.  I am SO glad he did!  We had the best time together.  We ended up playing a snow doodle doggie version of "Monkey-in-the-Middle" and the dogs had a blast.  I think they probably ran 10 miles back and forth between my son and I.  We took a long hike and then as the sun started bathing the countryside in a brilliant orange and red, we headed on back.  The sky deepened to a beautiful purple and it was time to go inside for the night. I still have a million things to do - but now I have a million things AND a big smile on my face. I think the snow break was just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!