Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Just Add Doodles and Music!

So now that I am done with my internship and I'm back to working here at Yesteryear Acres, I was told that today was clean-the-house-day. I don't know of anyone who likes to clean and vacuum the house. That being said I am a firm believer of life is what you make it. So what can you do to make cleaning the house fun? It's actually quite simple! Just add some doodle helpers and music and voila insta-fun! I did NOT anticipate the level of enjoyment I would get out of todays work when I did this. It started out as a simple act of adding music, one can only clean in silence for so long without going insane. However that seemingly simple act turned out into a never ending concert with my doodle back up dancers (and occasionally singers, I NEVER said I was a good singer...). They liked the way I was singing and running around the room dusting and picking up. They were very helpful in running along with me and wagging their tails in clear approval for every song choice with dedications to them of course. Once I started vacuuming we played the guess-which-part-of-the-song-it's-on-and-then-belt-it-as-loud-as-you-can-over-the-vacuuming-to-see-if-it-matches game. Oh the doodles loved that game! As for the rest of the household... maybe not so much. At one point I saw a kitty doodle make a run for it after swatting at my vacuum cleaner. And then that turned into a whole new game of get-the-vacuum. This is Scooter's favorite game ever! He runs close enough to the vacuum without ever touching it, whilst wagging his tail, growling, and barking. He will literally follow the vacuum through the whole room charging at it and then looking at you like he is the bravest doggie in the whole world and aren't I so lucky to have a big tough guy like him to protect me. See cleaning the house doesn't seem so bad anymore! But SHHHH don't tell my Mom I said that!

(And if anyone complains in this house... YOU ARE WELCOME FOR ALL CLEAN ROOMS AND CLEAN SHEETS AND MADE BEDS!!! THE END)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!