Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Happiness

Happy Mother's Day! When I woke up this morning, I assumed that it would be a rather quiet and subdued Mother's Day.  My older daughter is deployed and far away, my younger daughter is still at college preparing for her very last finals and my son had his senior prom last night followed by the After Prom which means he didn't get home until almost 3:00am. I already received beautiful gifts from my daughters.  My older daughter sent me chocolate caramel fudge which I LOVE SO MUCH.  See?
It was sooooo good!
And my younger daughter brought home Mother's Day gifts when she came to dinner last week.  Not only did I get chocolates (yes there is a chocolate loving theme here) she also found my very favorite fruit in the entire world!
Passion Fruit!  Oh my gosh, how I love this!  My daughter is also planning a big cooking day this summer and I can't wait for that!  So this morning, I was expecting a sleeping son and not much else and then this was waiting for me when I walked into the kitchen.....
I was so surprised!
Immediately following breakfast, I was instructed to get dressed.  
I was being taken on an adventure.
Even though I asked and asked - I was not told where we were going

Finally we arrived at our destination.  
We were going hiking!

I love being outside and I love hiking and I love......

Hiking with these two!

Cozy cave for two!

Or maybe just one!

The deer were happy to share their woods with us

I LOVE big tall trees.  
I gave this one a hug and thanked it for my day filled with nature's beauty.

Super awesome hike!

We definitely got a good workout!
We climbed the equivalent of 68 flights of stairs!
Happy Mother's Day!
I hope your day is filled with love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!