Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Goodbye Sweet Trudy...You will be so missed

Today was filled with sadness.  My son's doggie Trudy, his constant companion since he was about 5 years old, his best friend in all the world had to be put to sleep this morning. Last night Trudy got very ill. She couldn't even get up. My son slept on the floor in the kitchen with her and this morning they rushed to the vet.  Trudy's spleen had ruptured and since she was so old, there was no saving her. The only choice was to put her out of her pain. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son buried Trudy right near my son's favorite campfire/camping spot. He and Trudy spent many nights camping there together.  My son put on Trudy's favorite John Deere collar and said his sad goodbyes.  Losing a beloved pet is losing a family member.  Trudy loved my son more than any person on this planet. My son loved Trudy that much right back.  She will be missed. When I think of Trudy, I picture this.........
She was always by my son's side.....even until the end.
"One last word of farewell, dear master and mistress. Whenever you visit my grave, say to yourselves with regret but also happiness in your hearts at the remembrance of my long happy life with you: "Here lies one who loves us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail."

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. I cried reading your post.....Hugs to you all especially your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss. I cried reading your post.....Hugs to you all especially your son.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!