Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back So Soon?

This morning bright and early my sister left and headed back home to Vermont......No wait.  This morning bright and early my sister woke up and then......
We had to do one last breakfast.  I mean you can't drive all the way back to Vermont without one last family breakfast!
And then after breakfast........we took one last walk.  I mean you can't drive all the way back to Vermont without one last doodle doggie hike!  My nephew wanted to take another Doodle Doggie on a walk, so today was Taffy's lucky day.  I am pretty sure Taffy was in love with my nephew as much as my nephew was in love with Taffy.  My sister tried to hide Taffy and take her home with her back to Vermont but I was far too clever to let that happen.  It was a close call though!  There really is nothing cuter than a boy and a dog out on a hike together.  It was adorable.
So after breakfast, and then after the walk.......we took one last set of pictures.  I mean you can't drive all the way back to Vermont without one last set of pictures!  Taffy was the star of all the photos so at least they got to bring Taffy home in picture form.  I think Taffy and her son both had big smiles on their faces during all the picture taking.  It was pretty cute!
So after breakfast, and the walk, and the picture taking.......I made my famous Yesteryear Acres popcorn.  I mean you can't drive all the way back to Vermont without popcorn!  It is so delicious!  It keeps you company on long drives!  It is the best!
So after breakfast, the walk, the pictures, the popcorn......we FINALLY loaded up the car. Snacks in the cooler. Check! Popcorn ready. Check! GPS set. Check!  Leaving on time....NOT check - but it IS hard to say goodbye to Yesteryear Acres. So finally we said our goodbyes and off my sister went.
and then......
I went upstairs to strip the bedding off the beds and what did I see? HER SUITCASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called and called and called and finally she called me back a little over an hour later.  "Ummmmm....Guess who is coming back to Yesteryear Acres?  YOU ARE!  YOU FORGOT YOUR LUGGAGE!"
So yes
After breakfast, the walk, the pictures, the popcorn, the snacks, the car loading, the goodbyes.....
BACK SO SOON?
Okay - for real now.  My sister is on her way (again) back to Vermont.  I mean you can't drive all the way back to Vermont without turning around and coming back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!