Thursday, August 8, 2013

Imagine the Joy

While I was away at my medical health spa week, Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son were like two little kids as far as their eating habits go.  When I am home - we NEVER and I mean NEVER go out for fast food.  If we were to eat ONE fast food meal in an entire year - that would be a lot!  My son really loves fast food and thinks it is the ultimate treat because he never gets to eat out. I make a nice family dinner just about every single night and if I don't have time, then Mr. Yesteryear will make something fabulous.  We have a huge garden and a pantry stocked with healthy food and both Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I are fantastic chefs.  There is no need to go out and eat junk........that is......evidently.......unless I am gone. It seems that they both did a bit of indulging in foods we do not eat.  Like Hot Dog night.  And Pizza night.  And FAST FOOD hamburger night. What the heck? It seems they threw all nutritional sensibility out the window and just went for the junk.  I was wondering why my son texted my daughter to let her know his stomach hurt.  Well of course it hurts! Fast Food Hamburgers? With fried onions?  Ummmm Hello.  Stomach ache! So last night as I was preparing dinner, my hamburger loving son came in with eager anticipation.  "What's for dinner?"  "Steak?" "Pork Chops?" "Spaghetti and Meatballs?"  Nope. Nope. Nope and Nope.  Just imagine the joy on my son's face when I said, "Tonight we are having wheatberries smothered in fresh roasted garden vegetables topped with a poached egg."  Yes, dear son........I am back!  Don't you feel better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!