Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Big Comfy Bed - Thankfulness Day 19

Every morning when I make my big comfy bed, I smile. I mean I smile with my whole heart.  I think to myself, "here is the biggest most comfy bed filled with love."  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I shared a full sized bed for 25 years.  If you ever met Mr. Yesteryear Acres, you would know that he is not a small man.  That full sized bed was QUITE small.  Between the doggies and Mr. Yesteryear Acres - I managed to save a 4 inch rectangle of space for me.  I always thought I suffered from insomnia but in reality, I suffered from lack of space!  When we bought our King size bed, both Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I just stood there and stared at the giant behemoth and wondered what possessed us to buy a bed that big.  We felt it was a huge mistake....until we slept in in that night. OH MY GOSH! HEAVEN!  A whole side of the bed just for me!  An entire pillow to myself!  We can't imagine HOW we survived for a quarter of a century sharing the tiny full size bed! Each and every night when we crawl into bed, we are both smiling.  We both exhale a big "ahhhhhh" of happiness.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres has his doggie tucked in his arms and I have my doggie tucked in my arms and then we reach out for each other, hold hands and fall blissfully to sleep.  Every night.  Same routine.  Bed of happiness. Doggies all tucked in. Hand holding. Sweet Dreams.  I know as long as I live, I will treasure that sweet moment each evening - thankful for my big comfy bed full of love, happiness and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!