Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Right to Vote -Thankfulness Day 5

This morning Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I had another fabulous date.  We went to the polling place and voted.  Again - our excellence in dating venues is astounding! I am sure our exotic date locations - warehouse clubs and polling places, are the envy of all who know us!  We had actually meant to do absentee voting but never got it done so this morning after our cup of coffee, we headed straight to the polls.  The issues were few but to me - every issue is of importance.  Every vote counts.  We live in a country where that is true. Every...vote.... counts.  I am thankful of that right.  My older daughter serves our country to protect that right.  I am often dismayed by the lack of voter turnout.  This morning I saw a Vietnam Veteran, who could barely get out of his car, slowly and painstakingly, make his way down the long sidewalk just to exercise his right to vote.  I immediately thought - if he can make what is clearly a painful journey to turn his vote in, why can't others! It is a right that should never be taken for granted or cast aside. Having a voice is a precious right.  I am thankful for my right to vote. I voted today.  Did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!