Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey Smorgasbord of Goodness

What is better than Thanksgiving Day Dinner? The day AFTER Thanksgiving Day dinner! Oh my! The Thanksgiving leftover feast for lunch was epic.  It was a smorgasbord of deliciousness.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres had a big bowl layered with everything.  I think we love Thanksgiving Leftovers more than anybody.  Last night I put the turkey carcass in a big stockpot and it simmered all night long.  I strained the turkey stock this morning and now it is cooling.  Tomorrow morning I will remove the fat layer and then tomorrow night.......Turkey Dumpling Soup! I cannot wait! My mouth is already watering just thinking about it.  I hope to make the Thanksgiving feast last all weekend long.  I need to get my fill or else I may not make it until Christmas Eve when once again, I will be smelling the heavenly aroma of the turkey in the oven, beckoning me to turn the leftovers into a Turkey smorgasbord of goodness. I am officially in Turkey Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!