Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mmmm Mmmm Good - Thankfulness Day 6

My good friend posted a picture of her home-baked cookies on her Facebook page today.  She said she was thankful for cooking.  I couldn't agree more.  Cooking! I love to cook.  I love to spend all day in the kitchen making delicious things for my family.  I love to pick tomatoes from my garden and can them for the winter. At the end of the summer, I fill our pantry shelves with at least 104 Quarts of tomatoes.  I love to make homemade salsa. I love to make homemade breads and pastas and well -I love to make just about everything!  We have home cooked meals almost every single night of every single week, all year long.  It is a rare occasion that we don't have a home cooked meal. I am thankful for that.  I am thankful for every meal.  I love our family dinners.  We always take our time and talk about the day and enjoy the delicious food in front of us.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres happens to be an excellent chef as well so we are never without something ultra yummy for dinner. I am thankful for cooking because let's face it, I LOVE to eat! I am a food aficionado. I love to savor every bite.  There is nothing more delicious than food made from scratch with love. I am lucky.  I have lots of that.  Tonight's dinner?  I turned Sunday's Roaster chicken leftovers into tonight's homemade chicken and dumplings. I opened the cast iron lid and the kitchen was filled with mouthwatering goodness.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres said it was my very best batch ever.  My son agreed.  Mmmmm Mmmm Good.  THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!