Friday, July 9, 2010

Coast Guard Academy - Exceptional Visit

I spent my day today touring the Coast Guard Academy.  The parents of the AIM participants were treated to an all day event that showcased all that the Coast Guard Academy has to offer.  They really did an excellent job with their presentations and I was duly impressed.  I even got to catch a couple of glimpses of my daughter here and there.  At the end of the day we were treated to a parade and the graduation ceremony for the AIM students.  The whole day was really lovely. I still haven't had a chance to talk to my daughter as she isn't released from the Academy until tomorrow. I spent the whole day wondering if she loves it, likes it, tolerated it, or can't wait to get home.  I think all the parents were thinking the same thing. The weather has been so hot this week that it has to make a significant impact on how the students felt about the week. I am so anxious to talk to my daughter tomorrow. I can't wait.  Tonight I am staying in my room at the hotel. I guess I am not much of a solo traveler.  There are a million things to do and see around this area, but I prefer sharing the experience with someone by my side. I am probably the only person who isn't out and about tonight. I think there is a lobster type festival of some sort downtown and other awesome happenings. The seashore is literally minutes away. I am hopeful that tomorrow my daughter won't be too tired so we can do a couple of things before we make the big drive home on Sunday. I am somewhat dreading the drive.  The memories of my hours spent on the George Washington Bridge are still too fresh in my memory.  I hope the way back is much quicker than the trip here. At least I know we will have lots to talk about on the way home!  I can't wait to hear every single detail of my daughter's week at the Academy. I am sure with so much to talk about, we will be home before we know it.  I miss Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son and my home and the puppies and doggies.  I am eager to get back home and celebrate Mr. Yesteryear Acres 50th birthday AND my son's 14th birthday.  I definitely have some cakes to bake as soon as I get back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!