Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home is Where the Heart is

We made it back!!!!  Connecticut is soooooo far away but our drive back home was MUCH better than our drive to Connecticut.  On our way to Connecticut it took us 8 hours to drive from New Jersey to Connecticut. Today we did it in 3 hours.  Can I say - I love the Tappan Zee Bridge. It was wonderful to travel at the speed limit rather than coasting along at a whopping 4 miles an hour.  We saved a total of 5 hours by choosing the Tappan Zee over the George Washington Bridge.  Smart move!  Our entire trip home was filled of great conversation about the Coast Guard Academy. The entire AIM experience was just terrific and we talked non-stop all the way home.  I was SO excited to see my husband and son and house and dogs and puppies.  Today is my son's birthday so it was especially nice for me to have made it home in time to wish him Happy Birthday in person. I missed him and I missed Mr. Yesteryear Acres so much! I can tell they missed me too! They both worked so hard while I was gone and the puppies all look great. They really grew while I was gone!  I must take new pictures tomorrow so I can share how adorable they all are.  Juneau seems to have been spoiled a bit while I was away and it is clear she loves her puppy food.  She is a butterball of a puppy!!! I can't wait to play with all the puppies tomorrow.  I missed them. I am soooooooooo looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight!  Nothing can top the sweet feeling of coming home to the ones you love.  I am so glad to be back home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!