Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dock Day #2

Dear Weather System of the week, As much as I appreciate the credit I have taken today for watering the garden and as much as the corn and tomatoes appreciated the lovely water that fell down from the sky......did you not notice the immense spread of equipment and lumber and power tools that were spread out all over by the pond? The mid-day shower could not have been more inconvenient.  It takes over an hour to get everything loaded onto the trailer and hauled out to the pond.  Then it takes a while to get the sawhorses set up and get everything laid out for the day's work. Just about the time everything was ready.....down came the rain.  We had to put everything back onto the trailer and get it covered with tarps.  We spent the better part of the afternoon inside waiting for the rain to pass. Now I can't say that I suffered while I was inside as the girls and I got caught up on some super cheesy chick flicks - but it didn't really help much to get our dock finished.  We all headed back out to the pond this evening and got allllllll the stuff back out and Mr. Yesteryear Acres got a little bit more done on the dock.  I helped by making my NON-picnic dinner into a picnic dinner.  I have to say it was the most interesting picnic meal we have had as I would not consider our meal picnic worthy - but miraculously, it all worked. We had Beef Stroganoff and Noodles, Fresh peas and for dessert - cupcakes that were professionally decorated by my girls. We brought it all out to the picnic table by the pond and ate dinner as the sun set.  It was really nice.  Tomorrow - we are all on the same page as we attempt Day #3 of building the dock.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will have our dinner tomorrow night ON our dock!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!