Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bread is in the Oven

Well Hello Rain!  Again. I really enjoy my home in the new "rainforest" area of Ohio.  I never knew that when we moved here that we in fact moved to a rainforest but based on the massive number of inches upon inches of rain that we have received - I believe we qualify for rainforest status. In fact - I think I will go out and plant bamboo tomorrow. I should be able to have an entire bamboo forest in no time.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if when I opened my door I were to be greeted by a toucan or gibbon or some sort of poison tree frog. Come Rain Forest Creatures ----- Ohio awaits!!!! Despite the dreary rainy day - all is well here at Yesteryear Acres.  The puppies have had fun playing and did get a brief recess time outside in between the thunderstorms. I have been busy baking for Easter tomorrow.  I already have a loaf of potato bread made and my Old Fashioned white bread will be ready to come out of the oven in about 30 more minutes.  Next up is Honey Oatmeal Bread.  Tomorrow we will be celebrating Easter with all of Mr. Yesteryear Acres' Family which will be a lot of fun.  Best thing of the day tomorrow?????  Strawberry Salad!!!  Made with love by Mr. Yesteryear Acres' Mommy. Mmmmm!  We all like to pretend it is really a "salad" but actually it is mostly dessert like.  We all ignore that fact and proceed with the "it has SALAD in the title" so we should eat it WITH our dinner as a "salad".  My son can eat an entire plateful and happily go back for more.  I am not sure what everyone else is bringing but - dear sweet sister of Mr. Yesteryear Acres - if you are reading this.... nothing says I LOVE YOU and HAPPY EASTER like Pecan Pie!  If you wanted to make me one of my very own - I wouldn't mind.  Here's wishing everyone a very Happy Easter tomorrow.  I hope the Easter Bunny is very good to you.....and brings chocolate!  We will all be looking for our baskets first thing in the morning. I will be dreaming of finding mine full of chocolate fudge, chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, mmmmm chocolate.  I think I better make salad for dinner tonight. Real salad. The kind made with green lettuce and carrots.  That way I will have plenty of room for all that awaits tomorrow! Happy Easter Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!